THE EUROPEAN PROJECTS
IQAA actively takes part in international scientific projects: work is carried out in the World Bank project "Technical and Vocational Education Modernization", the result of which was the publication of the collection "Analytical review of methodologies and procedures for international and domestic accreditation of technical and vocational education organizations" (2012), in the Tempus project "Documentation for Quality Assurance of Study Programs" (2012-2015).
IQAA has participated in the Erasmus+ project called "Promoting internationalization of research through establishment and operationalization of Cycle 3 Quality Assurance System in line with the European Integration Agenda" (2017-2019).
IQAA is currently participating in two international projects: The Database of External Quality Assurance Reports (DEQAR) which is maintained by the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR) and financially supported by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union (2017-2022) and KAZDUAL project — Implementation of the Dual System in Kazakhstan which is also in line with Regional Priorities for Joint & Structural Projects (Erasmus+ KA2 – Capacity Building in Higher Education) for the Region 7 (Central Asia) and is related to category 3 – developing the higher education sector within society at large (2021-2024).
The goal of the project – to improve the competencies of higher education graduates in Kazakhstan through pilot programs following a dual system according to the needs of employers so that HEIs increase the employability of graduates and improve the cooperation with private sectors.
Implementation Period: 25.01.2021 - 24.01.2024
Project Coordinator: M. Auezov South Kazakhtan State University
- To propose changes to legislation/regulations to adapt dual Higher Education in Kazakhstan.
- To enable students to acquire more relevant knowledge and skills by combining formal education with training acquired in the workplace.
- To develop a model for dual Higher Education that supports different needs and interests of employers, higher education institutions (HEIs) and students in different industrial sectors and to provide recommendations to HEIs for implementation of dual Higher Education.
- To bridge programs between vocational colleges and university entry requirements.
- To raise the motivation of students to study and interest of HEIs and companies to support and implement dual Higher Education and to decrease drop-out of students.
- To Create network and research center for dual education and vocational training.
- M Auezov South Kazakhstan State University (SKSU), Kazakhstan;
- Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg (OVGU), Germany;
- Tallinna Tehnikakorgkool (TTK), Estonia;
- Pädagögische Hochschuel Tirol (PHT), Austria;
- Accreditation, Certification and Quality Assurance Institute (ACQUIN), Germany;
- Central and Eastern European Network of Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (CEENQA), Germany;
- Kazakh national Pedagogical University after Abai (KazNPU), Kazakhstan;
- Karaganda State University named after Academic E.A. Buketov, Kazakhstan;
- Shakarim State University of Semey (SSUS), Kazakhstan;
- Ministry of Education and Science (MoES), Kazakhstan;
- Independent Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (IQAA), Kazakhstan;
- Karaganda Higher Polytechnic College, Kazakhstan;
- Electrotechnical College Semey, Kazakhstan.
The Database of External Quality Assurance Reports (DEQAR) is maintained by the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR). DEQAR enhances access to quality assurance reports and decisions on higher education institutions/programmes externally reviewed against the ESG, by an EQAR-registered agency.
Project Mission – to collect all external quality assurance reports and decisions performed by EQAR-registered agencies in line with the ESG in order to make these available to various user groups.
Implementation Period: November 2017 - February 2022
- Improve access to information on the external quality assurance of higher education;
- Facilitate the recognition of qualifications;
- Map the diversity of external quality assurance frameworks in Europe;
- Facilitate the exchange of data and links with other tools;
- Pilot the use of the database as a basis for Europe-wide thematic studies.
Independent Kazakh Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (IQAA) took part and is a local coordinator of the Erasmus+ project named "Promoting internationalization of research through establishment and operationalization of Cycle 3 Quality Assurance System in line with the European Integration" C3QA. This project is co-funded by the European Union.
Aim of the project - to contribute to the establishment of a knowledge-based society in Armenia, Kazakhstan, Mongolia and Ukraine through the launch and operationalization of a robust quality assurance system for internationalization of Cycle 3 programs
Project Coordinator: "French University in Armenia" Foundation (UFAR)
Implementation Period: October 2016 - October 2019
Official website: c3-qa.com
Website developed by IQAA in the framework of the project: c3qa.iqaa.kz
Specific objectives of the project:
- to develop/update national policy frameworks for cycle 3 programs in line with the European integration agenda;
- to build on the capacity of the systems to efficiently operationalize the internal and external quality assurance systems for Cycle 3 programs;
- to establish an external and internal quality assurance systems to promote quality of Cycle 3 programs (leading to PhD degree);
- to promote internationalization of Cycle 3 programs with joint efforts of the key stakeholders and cross-regional cooperation